Can you think of anything better than lounging on a nice, leather recliner while you chug down a cold bottle of beer or two and play your favorite game or watch your favorite sport? I bet you can’t.
For the longest time, recliners have been deemed as the epitome of manly comfort. While owning a couch is nice, nothing beats having a recliner that you can call your throne to make you feel like the king of your man cave.
We all know recliners aren’t cheap. Why do you think the ladies wait for Father’s Day or another special occasion to roll around before they get their men one? Going for something that’s not so high-end and not so fancy could still set you back a good $400 to $500. Whether it’s the latest and most high-end model you want or something that perfectly combines budget and comfort, we’ve made it our mission to help you get the best bang for your buck.
There are tons of recliner brands, styles, and designs available out there and we know choosing the right one for your man cave can be overwhelming so we did a little digging. We asked experts, fellow man cave owners, and couch potatoes to find out what they think makes a good recliner and we tested out the most highly recommended ones. We also went online to find and try the best-rated products to decide whether they’re man-cave worthy.
Best Man Cave Recliners
If you’re the type of guy who doesn’t like to settle for anything that’s less than perfect, the Pulaski Larson Theater Recliner is sure to be a great pick for you. Comfortable, sleek, durable, and easy to assemble — this one of a kind recliner definitely has everything you could ever ask for.
- Easy to use – get your chair to recline at any angle, any way you want with just the touch of a button. Sit up right with just the foot rest out, recline while you watch your favorite show, or go all out and lay back for a quick nap, it’s your choice and all you need to do to get there is to push a button.
- Convenient – it comes with a swivel tray that attaches on to the arm rest to hold snacks and drinks (or a full meal’s plate, we won’t judge) and conveniently stows in the arm storage whenever it’s not in use. It also has an outlet and two USB charging plugs so you can easily plug your gadgets in to charge without having to leave your chair.
- Comfortable – upholstered in soft, premium quality breathable faux leather fabric, this recliner is so soft and comfortable you definitely won’t want to sit anywhere else.
- Sleek – supreme stitching details and clean tailored lines lend the Pulaski Larson Power Home Theater Recliner unmatched sleekness and elegance, making it the ultimate man cave recliner.
- Durable – made with a solid wood base, this recliner has a generous weight limit of 375 lbs. so you can rest assured that it won’t break, even when the kids or the wife decide to cuddle with you.
- A bit of noise – leather on leather rubbing tends to get a bit squeaky. If you don’t mind a bit of noise and the occasional “fart noise” every now and then, you should be good to go.
- Multiple wires – instead of a single power cable for better efficiency and a neater look, this recliner has two: one as the main power cable for the recliner and the other for the electrical outlet and the USB port.
Maximum capacity: 265 lbs
Seat Height: 17.7”
Seat Dimensions: 19.7″(W) x 22.1″(D)
Extra Features: This single recliner is supported by four sturdy feet with non-marking pads which effectively protect the sofa and hard floor.
A lot of guys forego getting a recliner for their man cave because they think they won’t have the budget for it. If you just look hard enough, though, you’ll find a budget-friendly recliner that won’t put too much strain on your wallet like the Homall Single Recliner Chair.
- Budget-friendly – whether you’re actually pressed for cash or you’re just looking for something a little more affordable to buy multiples of for the home theater section of your man cave, this recliner is sure to be a great pick.
- Compact – don’t have much space for bulky furniture in your man cave? No worries, the Homall Single Recliner Chair is smaller and has s more compact design compared to the traditional recliner so it doesn’t eat up a lot of space on the floor.
- Comfortable and roomy – despite its compact size, this recliner is unbelievably comfortable, thanks to its thick foam padding and ergonomic design. The seat size is quite roomy, too, with plenty of wiggle room so you can find the perfect position while you sit back and relax.
- Easy to assemble – nothing’s more frustrating than spending hours trying to figure out what goes where when putting together any piece of furniture. Thankfully, this recliner is pretty easy to assemble with assembly taking no more than an hour.
- Easy to clean – upholstered in soft, high-quality polyurethane (PU) leather, the Homall Single Recliner chair is pretty easy to clean and maintain. A quick wipedown with a damp cloth is all you need to do to keep it looking fresh and new.
- Lower weight limit – big guys, beware! While most recliners have a weight limit of anywhere between 300 to 500 lbs., this chair can only support up to 275 lbs.
- Not for tall people – because it’s small and compact, this might not be a great recliner for people who are on the taller side as you might find your feet hanging over the foot rest or have nothing to rest your head on.
Dimension : 34.6″(W)x30.7″(L)x41″(H)
Seat Area: 17.7″ (W)x 20.5″ (D)
Seat to floor: 20″
Seat to top of backrest: 27.6″
Reclining Angle: 140°
Weight Capacity: 320lbs
Looking for a man cave recliner that’s not too expensive but still has great features? The Mcombo Electrick Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa with Massage and Heat might just be the one for you. This recliner is a close second, as far as competitive pricing and functional features go.
- Sturdy and durable – made with an alloy steel frame, this recliner can hold up to 320 lbs. and is impressively study and durable. Definitely a great buy for fidgety guys who tend to get into all sorts of seating positions while gaming or watching a movie.
- Power lift assistance best for older gentlemen – you know how, sometimes when you’ve been sitting for too long, you have a hard time getting out of your seat because you’ve been sucked in too deep? That won’t be a problem with this recliner, thanks to its power lift mechanism that gives you a boost out of your seat. It’s a great feature for older gentlemen, too!
- Massage and heating feature – say goodbye to your back pain woes. The Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa comes with a full-body vibrating massage and lumbar heating feature that’s sure to elevate your recliner experience.
- Low-maintenance – forget about leather oils and waxes, this recliner is upholstered with high-grade faux leather that can be easily cleaned by just using a dry, lint-free cloth/rag.
- Competitive price point – considering how comfortable this chair is, its features, and its size, it’s amazing how reasonable and competitive its price is. This is definitely one of the few recliners that perfectly combine value, functionality, and style.
- Heavy – this chair is quite heavy so lifting and assembly could be a bit tricky if you’re doing it alone.
- Doesn’t fully recline – if you like napping in your chair, it’s important to note that this chair does not fully recliner/go all the way back.
Weight: 88.2 pounds
Dimensions: 32.3 x 39.4 x 40.9 inches
Color: Dark Grey
Style: Swivel Glider
Finding a good man cave recliner under $500 is pretty easy. If you’re ready to drop that amount on a chair, though, you’ll want to make sure you’re getting a really good one. Our pick for the best man cave recliner under $500 is the Ravenna Home Pull Recliner with 360 Rotating Swivel Glider. It’s a chair that does just about everything you’d want your man cave throne to do. It reclines, rocks, and swivels and it’s very comfortable too!
- Value for money – getting the Ravenna Home Pull Recliner with 360 Rotating Swivl Glider is like getting three chairs for the price of one. If that’s not value for money, we don’t know what is.
- Easy to assemble – while it’s true that some assembly is required before you can enjoy this amazing recliner, it’s fairly easy to put together so there’s no need to worry about it at all.
- Plush padding for maximum comfort – no ones wants to sit on an uncomfortable chair. This recliner is fully padded but firm, assuring you of the perfect level of comfort every single time you take a seat.
- Simple, classic design – its simple, classic design is sure to match whatever theme you have going on for your man cave. It’s not too bulky, either so don’t worry about it eating too much of your floor space.
- Smooth and quiet mechanism – don’t like squeaky noises? So do we. That’s why we were pleasantly surprised with how smooth and quiet this recliner’s mechanism is.
- Not suitable for tall and big guys – if you’re on the tall and/or big side, you might want to consider looking for another option as this recliner is quite compact and tight in size.
- Microfiber upholstery calls for regular cleaning and maintenance – because it’s upholstered in microber fabric, dirt and dust tend to stick easily on to the recliner which means that you’ll have to clean it more often that you would a leather recliner. It’s prone to stains, too, so you’ll want to be careful not to spill anything on it.
Chair Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
Ottoman Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
Weight: 45 lbs.
Material: PU Leather, Metal
Can you really get a good recliner for your man cave for less than $250? The answer is yes, but the challenge lies in making sure you’re still getting a high-quality chair with functional features that will make lounging in your man cave easy, breezy, and comfortable. For this category, we crown Best Choice Products Faux Leather Electric Massage Recliner Chair as the winner.
- Easy on the pocket – priced at under $250 which is about half of the average price for recliners, this piece is definitely a steal. If you’re on a tight budget, but still want to add a cool piece of furniture to your man cave, this would be a great pick for you.
- Wireless controller for ease of use – built-in controls are great but you won’t be able to see which buttons to push when you’re fully reclined. This recliner comes with a handy wireless remote controller that takes the guess work out of getting your recliner in whatever position you like. The controller lets you decide how intense the massage kneading and vibrations should be.
- Massage and heating – level up your man cave lounging experience with this recliner that comes with 5 pre-programmed massage options, 9 varying intensity levels, 2 kneading modes, and lumbar heating.
- Sleek, modern design – as if its impressive features aren’t enough, this chair also boasts of a sleek and modern design that’s sure to add a touch of class and elegance to your man cave.
- Versatile – need a chair that’ll keep your rested and relaxed? Go ahead and recline it to any angle and any position that you want. If it’s a comfier alternative to your office chair that you’re looking for, just get the foot rest out of the way and you’re good to go.
- Too light to stay in place – if you’re planning on placing this on bare floors, you might have a problem having it stay in place since it’s quite lightweight.
- Needs a bit of getting used to – the leather might feel a bit stiff at first but should start to feel softer after a few days.
Dimension: 35.4″(W) x 35.6″(D) x 43.3″(H)
Seat Area: 17.7″-22.8″ (W) x 20.9″ (D)
Seat to floor: 18.9″
Seat to top of backrest: 27.6″
Back Width: 31.5”
Reclining Angle: 140°
Weight Capacity: 320lbs
Back pain issues should always be taken into consideration when choosing any seating furniture, recliners included. Anything that’s too deep, too plush, or too low could aggravate your back pain problems so you’ll want to steer clear of those. Instead, check out the RELAXIXI Power Lift Recliner Chair.
- Power lift – this recliner has a power lift feature that supoprts your back and helps get you out of the chair more easily and efficiently.
- Superior back support – this chair’s ergonomic design combined with a sturdy base frame and plush but firm foam padding offers undeniable comfort and superior back support.
- Perfect size – the seat sits 19” from the ground so it’s not too low, making it easy to get in and out of anytime you wish. It’s also generously sized and has enough room for you to move around in while you get into your most comfortable position.
- Convenient and easy to use – with a cup holder on each arm, side pockets for your lounging needs, and a remote that lets you control your recliner with the touch of a button, the need to get up from your chair for trivial things is eliminated and your back is sure to thank you for it.
- Some assembly required – if you’re a guy with back problems, the last thing you’ll want to do is to bend down for an extended amount of time while you build a piece of furniture. Unfortunately, this recliner requires a bit of assembly so you’ll have to find someone to help you out.
Seat Height: 21 Inches
Item Weight: 166 pounds
If you’re a tall dude, you know just how difficult it is to find a recliner that can accommodate you ( and I mean all of you, from the top of your head to the tip of your toes) comfortably. Lucky for you, we found the Lane Home Furnishings Rocker Recliner
- Perfect size for big/tall guys – six-footers and over often have no choice but to leave their feet hanging over the footrest or their head way above the backrest of most recliners, but not with this one.
- Heavy-duty – thanks to its alloy steel frame, this recliner can support up to 500 lbs. so it’s not just for tall guys, it’s for big and heavy dudes too.
- Easy glide mechanism – its whisper-quiet motor gets all the parts moving while barely making any noise so you can confidently get into your desired position with ease.
- Contoured seat for absolute comfort – it’s a recliner that hugs your bottom in all the right places, giving your absolute comfort while you lounge.
- Eats up a lot of floor space – be ready to give up a good amount of floor space in your man cave for this piece of furniture.
Seat Dimension: 20.5″Wx22.4″D
Seat Height: 20.1″H
Weight Capacity: 330 Pounds
Extra Features: Powered lift design with silent electric motor that could push the entire chair up to help the senior stand up easily
Who says seniors can’t build man caves? Older guys looking to pimp out their man caves with a solid recliner chair will love the Mecor Power Lift Recliner Chair. This recliner-and-massager-in-one also has a heating feature to keep older gentlemen comfortably warm while they enjoy their Sunday paper.
- Best bang for your buck – who doesn’t love a good deal?
- Power lift feature – getting out of soft chairs gets harder as you get older. Thankfully, this recliner has a power lift feature that gives you that much-needed boost to get out of the chair and get into standing position.
- Easy to use – it comes with a remote controller that allows you to control the chair with the simple push of a button.
- Adjustable headrest – never strain your neck muscles again! This recliner’s headrest is adjustable and can be controlled with the remote as well.
- Prone to dirt and stain – while the fuzzy flanelette upholstery makes it nice and warm, it also makes it susceptible to stains and quite challenging to clean.
Dimensions: 44.8 x 43.15 x 32.28 inches
Item Weight: 217 pounds
Extra Features: Recliner, Bluetooth and LED light
In my opinion, your man cave should be the most relaxing place in the house. So why not take your own comfort to the extreme and opt for a recliner that’s also your own personal masseuse?
The Real Relax 2020 Massage Chair is the best massage recliner on the market today. Plus, it is extremely easy to use. You can even customize it completely so you are only getting massages where, and how hard you would like.
- Easy To Use: This massage chair is incredibly easy to put together and use. On top of that, it’s fully customizable.
- Massage: Need I say more?
- Some Assembly: But it’s actually very easy to set up.
Other Man Cave Chairs
Being alone in your mancave can get lonely sometimes. Turn your space into a home theater and spend some quality time with your friends or your kids. Before that, though, make sure you have enough comfortable seats for everyone.
- Luxurious – if you’re looking to add an air of elegance to your man cave, this is definitely a must have for you. With its premium top grain Nappa 11000 leather upholstery and quilted diamond pattern, this home theater chair exudes nothing but luxury and class.
- LED Ambient lighting for the full movie theater experience – avoid disturbing your guests in the middle of a good movie and let the LED ambient lighting guide you to your seat.
- Wall-hugger design – its design lets you freely place these seats against a wall which is perfect if you don’t have a lot of space in your man cave.
- Easy to assemble – one look at this massive piece and you might think that it requires professional skills to assemble. However, you’ll be surprised to know that assembly for this piece is quite easy and effortless
- Heavy – one thing that you should know about this chair is that it’s pretty heavy so be sure to have a few other people around to help you set it up.
11. Easy-Going Recliner Stretch Slipcover – Best Man Cave Recliner Cover
Size: X Large
Chair Slipcover: Fit Total sitting area is 25-35 in
Sofa Slipcover: Fit Total sitting area is 60-81 in
Recliner Slipcover: Fit Total sitting area is 23 -35 in
A man cave recliner can get worn down pretty easily, especially if you use it every day. To prolong your recliner’s fresh, new look, you’ll need to make sure to clean it regularly. Putting on a recliner cover could help heaps as well.
- High quality fabric – made with the perfect blend of high-quality spandex and polyester blend, this recliner cover is sure to make your recliner even more comfortable.
- Easy to install – the stretchy fabric easily covers the entirety of your man cave recliner easily.
- Machine washable – it doesn’t require special care. Just throw it in the washer along with the rest of your laundry and you’re good to go. The wife won’t even notice it’s there.
- Great color selection – Whether it’s neutral colors that you want or bright hues that will add a pop of color to your man cave, you’re sure to find one that you’ll like from the vast array of color choices.
- Not for non-traditional recliner designs – if your have a recliner that doesn’t come in the traditional design, this might not fit well on your chair.
Best Man Cave Couch
If you’re on your way to decking out your man cave having a recliner and a couch, can not only make your man cave damn comfortable, but also make it look good. If you’re thinking about going for a couch on top of (or instead of) a recliner, go ahead and check out my guide on the best man cave couches.
Health Benefits Of Buying A Recliner
Having a recliner in your man cave can really update the look of your space, but that’s not all that a recliner is good for. Recliners have tons of great benefits for your health. Having your feet up on the footrest, for example, encourages proper blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. Being able to prop yourself up in different angles can also help alleviate acid reflux, take the pressure off your heart and lungs, and provide relief for painful joints. Recliners that go all the way down and convert into sleepers are amazing, too, because they promote napping which also has tons of fantastic health benefit. Aside from these, just having a chair that offers solid support can do wonders for you back, too.
Choosing the Right Recliner
When choosing a recliner for your man cave, you’re not just choosing any other piece of furniture. You’re choosing something that aesthetically reflects your own, personal style. It’s a personal choice that you have to make based on your personal preference and needs, whether it be supreme comfort, the ultimate back support, or a show-stopping statement piece that will wow anyone who enters your man cave. Along with these, you also need to consider a few key factors to ensure that you get the best recliner for you.
Most recliners come upholstered in some type of leather (genuine animal leather, PU leather, PVC leather, or bonded leather are some of the most commonly used types). However, non-leather fabrics like suede, microfibre, velvet, and polyester are popular choices for recliner upholstery too. When choosing, go for one that’s easy to clean and resistant to moisture and stains.
While it’s true that recliners come in different sizes, there is a standard size that most manufacturers try to stick to. If you’re taller, bigger, and/or heavier than the average person, you’ll want to double check that the recliner you choose has dimensions that can comfortably accommodate your size.
Determining the weight of the recliner that you want is important and there are plenty of reasons why. First of all, an item’s weight can make a world of difference on the shipping and handling fee you pay the courier. If your man cave isn’t located on your house’s main floor, weight is one of the most important things you need to consider, too. It’s also an important factor to consider if you have no other people around to help you carry it in and assemble it at your preferred location.
Most recliners can hold up to 250 lbs. which is pretty generous for the average person. If you’re someone who’s on the heavier side, though, make sure that recliner you choose can hold up your weight with a bit of allowance. Thankfully, there are recliners out there that can easily hold up to 500 lbs. so the big guys need not worry and give up their dream of owning a comfy recliner.
If you’re on a budget or you’re conscious about your power consumption, a manual recliner might be the better choice for you. They don’t require power to work, but do not that most manual recliners only recline to one position which may not always be the most comfortable position for you. If you’re all about convenience, a power recliner might be a better suited choice. These are motorized and can be controlled with the simple touch of a button. Power recliners can recline at different angles, too, so finding the best spot shouldn’t be hard.
Ease of Use
Manual recliners should be able to get into position quickly and easily. If you’re eyeing a power recliner, check to make sure that the motor runs quietly and smoothly and that the control panel is responsive to your touch. Having a remote control unit is more preferable, too, since it allows you to control your chair whatever position you’re in.
Power recliners often have extra features that help you get amazing value for your money. These extra features include:
- Massage – for the ultimate rest and relaxation in your man cave, get a recliner that also functions as a massage chair.
- Heating – having a heating feature available on your recliner can help with achy joints which is awesome for older guys. It’s a nice bonus feature that will make your recliner even more comfortable during the colder months of fall and winter, too.
- Swivel – a recliner that swivels gives you a wider range of motion so it’s easier for you to reach things around you without leaving your chair.
- Rocking – stay-at-home dads will appreciate a recliner that also functions as a rocker that will let them rock their little ones to sleep in their man cave.
How far should my recliner be from the wall?
How do you clean your recliner?
Best Man Cave Recliner Roundup
Your man cave recliner will essentially be your throne, so taking the time to find the best recliner for you and your man cave is essential. By going through the above options as well as my buying guide, I’m confident you will now know a recliner (or two!) that will suit your man cave perfectly.